This is one of Oxford's most successful dictionaries, with over 40,000 entries and 50,000 definitions, including a substantial number of new words. It aims to provide up-to-date, compact coverage of the core vocabulary of current English in a compact and comprehensive format. The Oxford English Minidictionary is an ideal quick-reference for anyone requiring an informative, robust, and user-friendly guide to the English language today.
- Over 40,000 words form everyday English and 50,000 definitions
- Spelling and meanings you can be sure of
- "Most Common Errors in English" guide which will help avoid making common mistakes in English usage
- Around 120 "Language in use" notes which focus on spelling and pronunciation difficulties, and confusable words
The Oxford English Minidictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- Dynamic changing of font sizes
- Wildcard filtration feature (the use of "*" replaces arbitrary number of symbols within words)
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Dynamic word history list for each session
- Stylish user interface
- Learning features